As a customer of Miers Insurance, we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance we place upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect
Miers Insurance collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Miers Insurance collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us. This information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency. This information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
- To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, we may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties
We do not share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Miers Insurance may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Miers Insurance to comply with the law
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claim, or other liability.
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet provider.
Miers Insurance appreciates your business and in order to continue building upon that relationship we believe it is necessary, not only from a legal standpoint, but also as a sound business practice that our customers understand the care we use in handling their information.
2222 South Twelfth Street
Allentown, PA 18103